The Walton County Tax Collector's Office is seeking a professional with experience in a customer service environment to fill a Clerk I position. Individuals passionate about helping and working with people and who possess the required experience detailed below, are encouraged to apply. Proficiency tests, in data entry, cash handling and basic office skills, will be administered. Successful candidates may be assigned to any Walton County Tax Collector's office.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· At least two years working in a professional, customer service team environment in a role with direct customer contact
· At least six months experience in a cashier service function, ability to handle cash and process debit/credit transactions
· Experience serving the public and knowledge of customer service best practices
· Knowledge of basic procedures and principles of mathematics, business English and general office duties
· Possess the ability to easily, confidently and accurately navigate multiple computer programs simultaneously
· Ability to deliver service with a positive demeanor and smile
Individuals selected to fill these positions will be attending to the needs of the public and assisting in the completion of various transactions, including but not limited to: Hunting & Fishing Licenses, Vessel and Motor Vehicle Titles & Registrations, Driver License and Identity Card Issuance and Property Taxes. The work environment is often fast-paced requiring individuals to possess the ability to focus, give attention to detail, problem solve, and exercise critical thinking skills.
Completed applications should be submitted to: Debra Wooten, Human Resources Manager, Walton County Tax Collector's Office, PO Box 510, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435, Fax: (850) 892-8693. EOE & Drug Free Workplace.
Annual salary is $ 25,001.00 plus membership into the Florida Retirement System and access to various life and health benefits.
Deadline to submit an application is Thursday, February 27, 2014.
The Walton County Tax Collector's Office does not currently have any open positions. However, we are always on the lookout for talented, tech savvy, enthusiastic individuals who love to help others. Applications are kept on file for six months. If you feel you might be a good fit for our organization, please complete the application and send it to us.
Download application: WCTC Employment Application
Applications should be submitted to the following:
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Debra Wooten, Talent Manager
Walton County Tax Collector's Office
PO Box 510, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435
Fax: (850) 892-8107
EOE & Drug Free Workplace
The Walton County Tax Collector's Office does not currently have any open positions. We, however, are always on the look out for enthusiastic, professional individuals with strong customer service experience to join our team should an opening arise.
Please feel free to complete an application and send it to our Talent Manager. We'll keep applications on file for six months.